Getting married but worried about your small(ish) budget? Want to cut costs without looking cheap? Here are Stripe’s tips for planning a wedding on a frugal budget:
21 Tips to plan your wedding on a budget
1. Keep your guest list small – intimate is better!
2. Use the expertise of the people close to you – it can be their wedding gift to you
3. Consider a ceremony at your own, your parents or another close friend/family’s house, or have it outdoors
4. Be smart with the food
5. Be creative with your flowers and decor
6. Have a small bridal party, and skip their gifts
7. Go digital
8. Dance from a playlist
9. Skip the cash bar
10. Where possible, hire trainees instead of professionals
11. Contact the local university
12. Buy pre-loved
13. Tap into your local community
14. Buy dresses off the rack – and on sale.
15. Rent tuxedos as a group, or simply wear matching suits.
16. Choose affordable wedding rings.
17. Plan a simple honeymoon, not an ostentatious one.
18. Involve your closest friends and family in the preparations.
19. Try not to mention the ‘w-word’ at first when hiring a vendor.
20. Plan, plan, plan.
21. Don’t stress.
Good luck (and congratulations)!