We know, catering might not be the first thing you think of when deciding on a wedding venue. And yet, the food is one of the most important aspects of your wedding day. So, before you pick your venue, ask these questions to make sure you have a clear idea of what to expect, and if your dream menu will even be possible.
- Does the venue have a caterer on site, or must you source your own? Self-catering might seem like a more budget-friendly option, but often it works out much more expensive considering you might even have to hire in equipment.
If the venue has its own caterer:
- How flexible are they with their menu choices?
- Are they able to cater to vegans, vegetarians, and other special dietary needs?
- Are they able to do plated or buffet? Have they done family style?
- Do they have enough serving ware for your needs, or will you have to hire in?
- How big are their portions?
- How transparent are they with their pricing, portions, and ingredients?
- How many waiters will be working at the wedding?
- What are the waiters’ responsibilities?
- Do you pay extra for them?
- Do they offer tasting events?
As we mentioned, the food is one of the most important aspects of your wedding. It can even make the difference between an enjoyable experience and a terrible one. Make sure you and the venue and the caterer are on the same page, with no surprises.
Contact us today for a quote on your special day’s menu!